Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Comicon






Gosh, I'm still recovering from comicon. It was just too overwhelming. I just vegged all day today. If it wasn't for Jose Lopez (Mariachi Samurai), Howard Shum (Gun Fu comics), Martin Hsu (Folk Pop), Richard Pose (The Z's) and Mike Williams (Knuckles) for their books, I probably didn't do anything today. I traded my sketches for their books. I think I spent like $2000 last year and I know I need to control myself this time. So I promised myself before I went to comic con this year that I will not spend any money on anything, except for food and water and lodging of course. It was pretty tough though. Just looking at all those art books, comics, toys, and other stuff was pretty painful. This con, I was mainly there to promote Whaleboy and it went well. Lot of people showed interests, we had prototype sculptures of Whaleboy toy and T shirts for sale. Patrick sold lot of his sketch books. And I know I said this for past few years and I'll say it again. I need to put a book together for next comic con. Hopefully I'll follow through this time. And many thanks to my buddies/partners Patrick Morgan and Ed Acosta for supplying me with booze.